Epitaph of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forum of the EoW Guild!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barry
Evil Dictator
Evil Dictator

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!   Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 am

Well here goes nothing:

Start out with:

Str 1
vit 1
int 9
dex 9
agi 9
luk 1

We all can handle our novice period right? If not, you ain't worthy reading this guide!! Wink j/k
Collect the trunks from Willows (they can be found 1 E from Payon). You need 25 points to become a archer!

Scores per trunk:
Trunk - 1 point
Barren Trunk - 2 points
Solid Trunk - 3 points
Fine-grained Trunk - 5 points

The person that changes you can be found 1 North of Payon (top middle of the map in a house)!

After you've become a Archer buy some Silver Arrows and go to Payon Cave, kill everything in it, but watch out for poporings for a moment.
Wait till you are lvl 20+ or have double strafe! (First lvl up Vulture's Eye!)

For stats you should pump dex to about 70~80 first!

As soon as your hit gets to 80 try to get some Crystal Arrows (Water property) (and a better bow) and go to the Greatest Generals (2 East and 1 South from Payon)!
You could lvl there till you're ready to become Bard! Surprised

If I were you, I should go for the following skills:
Owl's eye - lvl 10
Vulture's Eye - lvl 10
Double Strafe - lvl 10
Attention Concentrate - lvl 10
Arrow Shower - lvl 1 (just so you could hit some mobs too, optional)

(Yes you'll need job lvl 42 for these skills, but for a archer that's peanuts!)

When you're lvl ~50 (or you have a hit of 142, can go sooner but you'll miss them sometimes) you can easilly go to Geographers, which can be found 1 North of Einbroch!

well just shoot what ever you like till you're ready to change to Bard/Dancer!

HOW TO BECOME A BARD:

You'll need the following stuff:
- A flower (has to be one of the following: Hinalle, Ment, Singing Flower, Illusion Flower, Witherless Rose (can be bought in morroc!))
- 1 Sticky Mucus
- 1 Squid ink

Optional:
60 trunks (Each kind of trunk gives you a certain musical instrument)

60 Trunks : Violin[3]
60 Solid or 60 Barren : Mandolin[2]
60 Fine Trunk : Lute[2]
60 Fine Trunk + Job 50 : Harp[2]

After you get these stuff, you need to go to Comodo and talk to the Wandering Bard (he can be found at 226,123)
You need to give him the flower, after you've given him the flower you need to become friends with the snowman in Lutie...
Use this link to get through this part of the quest: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Snowysnow_Quest
After you've become friends you should go back to the Wandering Bard, you need to do so "memory game", you need to remember (just write down) EXACTLY what he sings and type it.
After this you'll be a Bard!

Now go back to the Geographer and hunt them down till you're lvl 70+ (or change to Mi Gao if you like them better), you'll probably already have your dex @ 70~80 by now so you should invest in agi (optional: some in int, for more DS'ing (I love DS))
Try to buy some drainliar cards and a good bow with enough slots (I went for a +9 triple Saharic Poaching Composite Bow, 3x Drainliar and 1x Cruiser)!
You should try to get your card combo as well (Merman/Green Ferus, Cruiser, Alligator, Dragon Tail and Anolian card)!
With that +9 triple Saharic Poaching Composite Bow (and the card combo) I did a damage of 1k+ per shot on a merman, and when 80~90+ you shoot pretty fast! =o
You could also go for Anolians, cept there are Pests over there too, so I prefered an all-out water property monster map with no sneaky attacks.. :p

I got lvl 99 on Mermans and Strouf in izlude's top dungeon! (The last lvl toke me 1 whole day)

Next thing up is getting Reborn!
(I'm not going to explain about this, there are several guides about this on the internet)
( http://irowiki.org/wiki/Rebirth_Walkthrough )

After being Reborn, you need to follow this guide again, only difference is that you need more(!!) job lvls! Surprised
More you said!?!?
Yes more!
You need Arrow Shower in lvl 5 to change so you need job lvl 46!

You REALLY need to do this because otherwise you wouldn't get your UBERLEET skill: ARROW VULCAN! (AV) /rice
When you're job lvl 46 change at the place where you got reborn!

And from now on just get arrow vulcan in lvl 10 and smash away!! =D
I used my cards in a violin[4]( I'm still using a +9 triple Saharic Poaching Violin)!
And I can one-hit-kill everything in izlude dun 04! =D
Oh and one more difference: you should get 99 dex because of the casting time for AV!

Atm I'm in WoE build and I use it for lvling too:
At lvl 88:
str 1
agi 1
vit 48
int 62 + 4 (always multiples of 6, because every 6 int gives you 1 extra sp per tick (as does every 100sp))
dex 99
luk 1

Hope this helps out!
Good luck on creating your own Bard/Clown!
Back to top Go down
EchoBlank

EchoBlank

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!   Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Err isn't that a lot of int? Anyways, nice job!
Back to top Go down
Barry
Evil Dictator
Evil Dictator

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!   Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 3:03 pm

You might be right, but it sucks when you get pressured by some pally and have no sp, could switch it the other way around I guess!
Just test it, I wanna know the experiences!
Back to top Go down
EchoBlank

EchoBlank

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!   Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Personally I don't see anything tin the clown except Arrow Vulcan. Which is infact, deadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!   Barry's Bard/Clown Guide! Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry's Bard/Clown Guide!
Page 1 of 1